Monday, December 4, 2017

December

So on Monday, we had our weekly FHE. We were able to run this one and to create the program. We had a musical number and also some speakers. A recently returned missionary spoke about the success he had with #LIGHTtheWorld last year. And then we had President Perry speak about Christmas and #LIGHTtheWORLD. The spirit was so strong as both of them spoke and testified of the validity of this initiative! Then after they spoke, we watched the video together. We then passed out two pass-along cards to each of the members there. We told them to write down a good deed, or a way to #LIGHTtheWORLD. Then we gave each of them balloons with LED lights in them. They attached the cards to the balloons and we filled them up with Helium. Then we all proceeded to walk to the campus, from the church building, and we gave out the flashing balloons and cards to people we saw on the street! So at first there was this MASSIVE mass of glowing balloons, but slowly you saw single balloons walking other directions. Our giant group got smaller and smaller. We had so much fun wandering around campus inviting people to participate with #LIGHTtheWORLD! The ward really really loved it!

On Tuesday I was able to be on exchanges with Elder Whetton! He is a super super good Elder! I would also say we are now close friends. We hit it off super well earlier in the transfer. He payed me probably what has been the highest compliment I've ever heard. A couple p-days ago he asked me, "Do you know what I see when I look at you Elder Miner?" I said nope! He said, "I see myself in one year". Now I don't think that I am a good goal to have in mind of someone to emulate, but apparently he does. I've never thought of anyone trying to follow my example before. Anyway, Elder Whetton understands the doctrine super well! We had a stellar lesson with one of our investigators named Richard. Elder Whetton jumped right in and we had a blast! Also, we had all you can eat sushi too.

On Wednesday we had another exchange. This time I was down in Damonte Ranch. I got to know Elder McBride super super well! I really like him a ton! He has only been out for 3 transfers, but he has the attitude of being out for much much longer! We did a lot of walking and we set up many appointments.

I've been sick for most of the week, and on Saturday Elder Wegelin told me that I wasn't going out. And to top that, he arranged splits with other Elders to cover our appointments for the day while I was in the shower... So I had to stay in. I feel better, but still not terrific.

On Sunday we did this super cool activity in Elder Quorum and I wanted to share it! We had to come up with a name for the Savior for each of the letters of the Alphabet! Here is what we came up with:
Advocate, Adored, Alpha
Beloved
Christ, Counselor, Creator
Divine, Deliverer
Emanuel, Eternal, Everlasting Father
Father, Finisher of our Faith, Friend
God, Good Shepard
Healer, Holy one of Israel
Instrument, I AM, Imanuel
Jehovah, Jesus, Judge
King
Lord, Lamb of God, Light of the World, Lion of Judah
Messiah, Master, Mediator
Nazarene
Omega, Only Begotten
Prince of Peace
Quieter of the sea of Galilee, (Un)quenchable fire
Redeemer, Rock, Rabonni
Savior, Shepard, Son of Man, Son of God
Teacher
Upholder of all things
Victorious one, Vine
Wonderful
(E)xalted
Yaweh, Yeshua
Zion

I love all y'all and each y'all!
Elder Miner 

Elder Miner and Elder Coronado

No comments:

Post a Comment