Monday, October 3, 2016

CONFERENCE WEEKEND!!!!!

SO THIS WEEK WAS PRETTY GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For one thing I had steak 4 times this week! 3 days in a row! And two of those times it was Elk steak and Elk is one of the most delicious things ever to exist on the face of the earth! 

Also got to wear a jaguar mask thingy and for anyone who has seen the Testaments of one Shepard and one fold, I thought I was being really funny! Or maybe I'm not..


But this week has been full of driving around and trying to find people! 
Last Monday we had to wait for an hour and a half to get our oil changed, so we wandered around Elko for that time! Elko is boring.........

on Tuesday we had district meeting. So I totally got two other elders to try to drink a raw egg with hot sauce in it with me. Yeah we totally failed.....twice...... We gave everyone else a couple of really really funny videos!!! SO yeahhhhhhhhhhh

definitely threw up....

But after that we had exchanges and we saw some super cool miracles happen! I was with Elder Thomas and that is when we had the first steak. And it was Elk!! Super flippin good!!! Had a super good lesson with some of the people! Then the next day we ended exchanges and Elder Gailey and I went with our ward mission leader to the Star in Elko! We had Steak sandwiches!! And oh boy they were great!! Then we went out and tried to find tons of people! But we didn't....We had some great genuine conversations though! It has been rainy and stormy this week! But lots of fun! That night we had more elk steak for dinner! And then the next day we made steak! 

But really the highlight of this week has been Conference!!! We watched all of it and oh my gosh we had lots of fun watching it! we watched most of it with other missionaries! There is some really good stuff in there! Unfortunately I forgot my notebook with all my notes, so I can't send highlights! But I absolutely loved Elder Uchtdorfs talk in Priesthood session! It was all about finding your Alma or your Amulek! And which one am I? How am I like Amulek? It was a really good talk! Everyone of you should go read that one! It was really great! And also I loved Elder Hollands talk! All about home teaching. 

Also Elder Nattress talk was super cool!! He had some super good stuff in there! 

oh also we kinda had snow today! 

Love all you! 

Elder Miner 

Elder Miner and Elder Gailey at Zone Conference
Random pictures:









No comments:

Post a Comment