Monday, February 20, 2017

Ely to Fallon

So this week was very very very bittersweet. Brother Romero got baptized, but I'm getting transferred! I will be going to the Fallon 3rd and 4th wards! I leave tomorrow morning to drive across highway 50! The loneliest road in America. My new Companion is Elder Jackman. I am still a district leader. Elder Jackman is going home this transfer, so he will be number two companion that I will have killed. 

I love this place so much! I love Elder Rivers! We have had so much fun and such a good time together. I really have enjoyed these past two transfers! I am excited for what will come in Fallon! In Elder Lathams old area too! But I love Ely. I have learned so much here about myself and who I am. And how inadequate I am. Elder Harmon(who is coming with me to Fallon with me as the other DL) asked me this week in DLC what I have learned from being a leader. I told him "That I can't do it alone. I don't know what they need. I have to rely on the Lord or else I fail." And that Applies to everything in my life. I know that I will fail if I don't rely on God. And so I will. Forever and always. 

But this week has just been great! Brother Romero was baptized on Saturday, and confirmed on Sunday! He is such a solid guy. His whole Catholic family came! They are completely supporting him and loving him in everything! I will be sad to leave him. But he is in good hands with Elder Rivers and the ward. I could spend and hour and a half telling you all about the baptism, but I won't. I will just say this: That the Spirit was there. Everything that was done was testified of. The Spirit testified of the words spoken. I felt the witness of what we were doing there. And I know that everyone who was there felt that witness too! I love these people. And I could not have left on a better note. 

At the baptism, everyone kept thanking us. This has been a long time coming. 20 years of work by family and friends. When they thanked us, we told them the same thing. It wasn't us. All we did was teach the material to his needs. He was the one that was converted. He was the one that read the material and prayed. He was prepared by family and friends. We just had the great privilege of being here when he was ready. He found us week 2 of this transfer. And week 6 he was baptized. 

We still have 5 others who are all set for March 4. They are doing good. I know that they will enter the fold of God. They are a good bunch of kids, and I'm sad I won't be here for that. But they are in the best of hands. I would trust Elder Rivers with the world. And they are in God's hands. He knows them and he loves them.

I do not know very much, but I do know that God loveth his children. 

I love all y'all and each y'all
Elder Miner

Brother Romero's baptism

Jake and Faith

Getting ready to teach

Random dog

Not the same dog

Splits with Elder Stotts

Cleaning the Apartment before transfers






No comments:

Post a Comment