Monday, March 20, 2017

14 Months!!!

This week has been good! I really enjoy being out here in Fallon! It is a great place and the people are just so great! We have been working a lot in the Fallon 4th ward. The work traditionally has been done more in the Fallon 3rd ward, so we are going to switch it up. The Bishop in the 4th ward is a lot more ready to do the work! He is a really good guy! We are establishing weekly contact with him outside of Sunday. And establishing daily contact with our ward mission leader too. Just to update them on everything we are doing. So they should already know everything before we get to coordination meeting! We are super excited for everything that is going on and the work that is moving forward! 

Last night we had a lesson with our investigator Josh Schei. He is a super cool kid. He is 17 and has to wait till he is 18 for him to be baptized. He has been coming to church every week for about 6 months now! And we have been switching it up every week on who's house we have a lesson in. Yesterday we were in our Bishop's home. Bishop Stokes of the 4th ward. On a cool side note, his semi-active brother was in the ward I served in in Spring Creek! That was a neat connection. But it was pretty cool to have the lesson in his home! His whole family was their with Josh. We taught the Plan of Salvation using the Love diagram. We focused a lot on the love of God. That was a huge part of it! And also on the Atonement too. It went super good! The family had super good insights! They were able to explain Grace to Josh. Afterwords Bishop was talking to Josh and asked him when he was going to be baptized. So Josh said on his birthday. Bishop looked it up, and his birthday is on a Saturday! So that works out pretty well! So Josh is very very committed to be baptized the day he turns 18! This kid is a stud! Excuse the slang. And then a year after baptism, he is planning on serving a mission! 

I got to go on exchanges with Elder Tolbert this week! He is one of our zone leaders He is a very good Elder! I love the guy a lot! But as I was sitting there in personal study, I read one of Elder Day's sticky notes at his desk. It says "When I was a Highschooler, I spake as a Highschooler, I understood as a Highschooler, I thought as a Highschooler, but when I became an Elder, I put away Highschool things" 1 Cor 13:11

I am striving to be that way. I am already so different than what I was But I still have a long long way to go. But something out here that I notice, is that I am happy. I am truly truly happy. I wear bright colors. I never stop smiling, or so the other missionaries say. I love my life and I love my savior. I am not a Highschooler anymore. I am an Elder. I am a missionary. I am a servant of The Master. I have changed. And I absolutely love it!


I love all y'all and each y'all! 

Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment