Monday, April 3, 2017

Transfers

This week has been good! It has really gone by fast!! After last Monday Elder Jackman's stress level dropped a ton! So this week he was super super solid!! It was really good to see that, and it made the work go really well this week. We have a ton of appointments set up this week and I am excited to be with my new companion. Elder Ramiraz is a good guy. I've met him before and he seems to be really cool. He has been out for 18 months now. He goes home the same transfer as Elders Lyman and Latham. I'm excited to still be District Leader out here. Also excited that the Fallon 1st ward elders didn't change. So that will be sweet to be with them both for another one! This next transfer is going to be super awesome!!! 

We had a chance to go on another exchange this week with Elder Tolbert and Elder Day. I was with Elder Day and we were able to fulfill what I believe to be prophesy. In Ely, my first transfer there, he promised me that the exchange we had there would not be our last. And he did not lie. It may have taken almost 3 more transfers, and a different city, but we were able to go on another exchange! It was super good and I love that man. He helps me to learn a lot and it will be good to have both him and Elder Tolbert still as our Zone Leaders! 

But General Conference! Wasn't that great?! It was so good to be able to hear from the Prophets and Apostles. Their words truly are inspiring! I loved the opening talk of conference by President Eyring. Talking about family history! A couple things stuck out to be from that. That family history work is the work of our generation! I loved that! I really feel that when I go home, I need to get more fully engaged in this great work. That was a specific prompting that I received during his talk. 

President Nielsons challenges from his talk were also pretty cool. To mark and study all the references to the savior found in the topical guide! That is pretty cool!!! And to study the Living Christ. Those are some things that I really want to do. I can't say that I've studied the Living Christ really at all. I've probably read it once or twice. 
Elder Hollands was very good as well. I had a lot of thoughts about that. I loved his analogy of the choir. It worked very well to illustrate the point he was making. "Come as your are, but don't play to stay as you are." I Know that I have been changed by my Father in Heaven. He has altered the course of my life soooo much. I am not who I was when I entered the Field. I am a changed person. I don't want to go back to who I once was. 

I am super duper excited for this next transfer!! It will be super good!!! Elder Ramiraz and I will do some good! 

Some cool things that I forgot to mention last week was that we had zone conference!! I love zone conference! We had some good insights into the mission from it. We found out that in our region, the American Southwest region, it takes on average finding 24 new investigators for every one baptism. In our mission though, it takes finding only 10! So that was cool to see that! Our investigators are aware of what we as missionaries are doing. I love this work sooo much!! 

I love all y'all and each y'all!! 

Elder Miner 
1 Elders Tolbert, Jackman, Day and I 
2 Elder Lyman and I (also Sister Chesnut)
3 Elder Ruiz and I 







No comments:

Post a Comment