Monday, June 5, 2017

Zone Conference

This past week has been great! We have seen a lot of good things! We had ZONE CONFERENCE!! It was super weird to be there with all the different missionaries. I had 5 companions there! Elders Lyman, Latham, Anderson, Rivers, and Ramirez. It was super neat to have all of them there and to talk to them. I really enjoyed the training's we got at zone conference A lot of "how to do things". I love it. I fear that in the church we focus on the doctrine too much, and then we saw "go and do" But we don't teach how to do it. Like studying the scriptures. We are always told to do it, but we, for the most part, aren't taught how to do it. I love this new approach to giving training's. It resonates well with my soul to explain how to do things. I have fully made this a part of the training's which I give weekly. These "step by step" "how to's" have made a big difference in our missions. 

But zone conference was super cool to be able to talk to old companions and hear updates on their missions and also on old areas and people I care about. Elder Latham is covering part of my first area where we served together, and we were able to talk about how those people are doing! Elder Rivers and I talked about ELY! People are dead, dying and doing great out there!!! It was so cool to be able to see everyone!!!! 

So a funny story that happened recently: We have this investigator named Jessie. His step dad is a member. His step dad speaks spanish, so Elder Ramirez talks to him, and I talk to Jessie. So him and I were talking about why he doesn't come to church, and he said that when he came last he got made fun of because of his scriptures. So he wanted to know which ones we use. So I asked to see his. And he pulls a Jehovah's Witness bible... So I told him he could have the Book of Mormon I was using and that we would get him a new bible. And then he said he was going to tear apart the JW bible, so I told him to not tear apart scripture and said we would take it, so now we have a JW bible? He is doing much better now! we got him a bible too!

Yesterday at church a woman from Tonga bore her testimony and was talked about sand crabs. She said that when you put one sand crab into a box, it will try and try to find a way to escape and usually will. But when you put two or three in the box, they latch onto each other and don't try to escape. She was using this for our lives. When we are alone then our lives aren't the best and we try to escape. But when we have our families we stick together and take care of each other and we don't let people fall through the cracks. 

I was able to go on exchanges with 1st ward and I was with Elder Ruiz. I love Elder Ruiz!! He is super cool and awesome! I have loved going on exchanges with him these three transfers! He is a good Elder and he knows what he is doing. Their area is really seeing a lot of success! And it is because of the hard work they are putting in! 

I love Fallon and the people here. They are good people and they take care of themselves and each other. 

I love all y'all and each y'all!
Elder Miner 
Josh and a friend

The District

Elder Rivers!!!!

Elder Latham

The old Ely gang

Elder Ruiz and Chandler after service

No comments:

Post a Comment