Monday, February 8, 2016

So I'm Here

He is assigned to a ward in Sparks, Nevada.  


Hey Y'all

Okay so sorry i couldn't email all y'all last week. It's kinda what happens when you don't get a P-day. The last days in the MTC were Amazing. I loved every minute of it and I really miss my old district! They were all studs! We, as elders, sang Come Thou Font of Every Blessing in sacrament meeting last Sunday and it went super well! There was only four of us singing and it made everyone in the room cry. So that was good! We finished off the MTC well and had a lot of teary goodbyes/testimonys. I'm going to miss being in such a warm and loving atmosphere. The whole time you are there you can just feel enveloped by the Spirit.

But sadly we had to leave the MTC. We left Tuesday morning. Our flight was at 11. We said our last goodbyes to everyone and wished the Salt Lake City East missionaries good luck. We had 8 missionaries in our group. 3 Sisters and 5 Elders. We got picked up at the airport by the (then) 3 AP's and one missionary leaving the next day. And also President Chesnut and his wife. We went to the mission home and got to meet a lot of different people. Mostly the different office workers. They are all senior missionaries. After a few hours of listening to the rules and stuff we got to meet our trainers!!

My trainer, or Father as they say out here, is Elder Lyman!!! He is a super stud. He is a DL and really loves the people out here! He has only been out for 4 months!!! He is doing something very very right since he is training so soon! This is his first area and I'm only his second companion! Things couldn't get much better tbh. Anyway, y'all probably want to hear about my area right? And i guess the crazy stories i've gotten lol.

So my first lesson Tuesday night was to a paranoid schizophrenic named Ron. He has ghost buds and demon buds and talks to the devil(because the devil ate Jesus). He also has the rock that killed Hitler and Goliath. He built the Death star. He is an awesome dude and i wish i could keep teaching  him, but he sadly moved the ZL's area out in sun valley

I've had such good experiences out here so far. Like teaching a drunk hi hippie that builds the temple for burning man. His name was Fred. He is an experience i would rather forget lol.  Oh and you probably don't want to look up what burning man is. Or at least don't look at the pictures lol.

Speaking of pictures, i forgot to bring my camera with me...........So pictures next week!!!!!

But i have had some pretty amazing lessons. Our area only covers one ward. D'andrea ward. It is an amazing ward and it's the best area in the best mission in the world!! Everyone is super nice and there are a lot of ward members. Around 700!!! but most are less active. That's where we come in! We teach repentance and baptize converts. We invite others to come unto Christ. Whether an investigator or a less active or a full active member. Everyone needs to come unto Christ and there is always a way we can improve out lives!

I have seen miracles out here. The Lord really does look out for us and for the people we teach. We had a lesson with a super good investigator cancel. We thought it was the worst thing that could happen. So we went to our backup and ended up committing them to baptism on the 27!!! It was a blessing in the disguise of a curse. A sheep in wolfs clothing i guess.

I love the Lord. I know he has died for each and everyone of us and that he truly knows what we are going through. I know that we can feel his love. The Book of Mormon is the true book. The Savior lives. The prophets are true. I know they are. Oh sweet the joy this sentence gives, I Know that My Redeemer Lives. Streams of mercy from God on high never cease. I thank God every day for all y'all and each y'all. He lives. I know he does. He is the center of my life, and the center of His church and His gospel.


If any of you are having doubts i strongly encourage you to pray to know the truth. In fact everyone who reads this, i give unto thee a challenge (lol): Will you pray to know if Jesus Christ is our savior? Will you pray to know if The Book of Mormon is true? Will you pray to know if Joseph Smith is a prophet of God? Will you pray to know if God does really love you? I hope the answer to those questions is yes I will. I know the answer you will receive. Because I receive that answer every day I live. I add this, my humble testimony to those throughout time. That He Lives. Even Christ the Savior. Amen

I love all y'all and each y'all 


Elder Miner



We did end up getting a couple of pictures.  We got some from a member who fed him (a little tender mercy for mom and dad).  That is how we found out where he is serving.  We also got one from his MTC teacher.
Dinner appointment

Elder Miner and his companion Elder Lyman

MTC District  

No comments:

Post a Comment