Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 3

Hey y'all!!!!

I hope this email finds each y'all and all y'all well! So i turned 19 today!!! tooting my own horn and all that!

But that's not important.

This past week has been super duper crazy!! So last Monday we set a baptismal date for Connor, the 9 year old! Super awesome!! the family is becoming more and more active and that is awesome!! I'm so excited for them! They are one awesome and fun family. We love seeing them at church!

So a lot of y'all have been asking how the ward is and how the people are and how the food is. So instead of me telling each y'all the same thing one by one, here I am telling all y'all at once. The ward is awesome. It is a mixed socioeconomic background so we see a lot of different situations. They vary widely. i won't go into details about that, because that's not important. We get fed every single night. And every time we see members they ask if we have any openings. They really love and trust us here. I can only thank my companion and his trainer and all the missionaries who came before us who gained and kept the trust of the members. They are amazing at fellow shipping! It is a small active population so they know when someone new is here! They are all amazing!! I love them all!

So this past week has been full of stuff that i don't have time to tell you all about!

So tuesday was district meeting and my companion Elder Lyman taught us and it went super super well!

Wednesday was zone conference with our zone(Sparks), Quincy zone and Reno North zone. It was freaking amazing!! We had tons of training from the Zone Leaders and senior couples. And also from the Assistants and then President Chesnut and his wife! IT was super good the whole time!! I got to see Sister Paul so that was pretty cool! Got to meet tons and tons of new elders and sisters! It was a super amazing time!! I really loved every minute! We left our house at 7:30 and got home at 6. So it was a long cuss meeting. I really really enjoyed it. i learned a lot and everyone there knows who i am now too. I bore my testimony and it was super awesome! I think president likes me. He is a super nice man and he gave me a call today to wish me happy birthday.

We had our long weekly planning session that took two days and about 5 hours to do so that was great!


on Friday the YSA sisters drove past us, and we asked them a question so they tried to pull over and ended up getting a flat tire after hitting the curb!! So Elder Lyman and I changed their tire lol. It was nice way to spend 45 minutes haha. It was super funny and really grand! Taught Connor and colton again this night too!

On Saturday we had mini missionaries with us!!!! that was awesome!!!! They didn't tell us that each missionary got one and that we had to split up so all the missionaries freaking out a little lol. but it was good! it was only for that day so that was kinda sad.We had a lot of good street contacting and lots of good times! some good lessons! His name was Matt and he is 16. Devon and Carolann turner had their baptismal interviews today too.

Yesterday was Sunday(as you all know) and fortunately i did not have to give a talk so that was a relief! We had 5 instigators there!! The whole Turner family came(the ones getting baptized next week). So now they are all good! We got their baptism all organized too! They are such a nice family. The older son is interested now and John(the dad) is showing more and more interest with each time we see him!! He is starting to see how important it is! Also i got to go out with the Spanish elders for an hour last night while Elder Lyman was at training. I know no Spanish lol. I nodded my head and said Si. They translated my Testimony into Spanish for them so that was cool.

I KNOW that my redeemer lives. He loves me.He is the living son of God, even Jesus Christ the Lord. He Loves all of y'all. He wants us to come to him. He wants us to be happy. Through him we can have eternal life. I Feel God's love each and every day. I know he is my father in heaven. I know that i am here for a reason. I have only been a missionary for a few more days than a month, but know my -purpose. I know why i am here. I am here for the same reason why the Sons of Mosiah left to the land of Nephi. (Mosiah 28:3).

I know He lives. And it is in His name i do all things. Even Jesus Christ the Savior of the world. Amen

Love
Elder Miner 
Leaving for Nevada


Chandler's desk

Elder Lyman and Elder Miner at the Reno Temple

Sunset in Reno

Sparks Zone Conference

Snow in Sparks

Elder Lyman and Chandler changing a tire.

Chandler and his mini-missionary Matt

Nice note from Elder Lyman

Elder Miner and Elder Lyman celebrating Chandler's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment