Thursday, March 24, 2016

Transfers!!!!

Okay so this week has been super duper good until last night! Last night was sad. But the rest of this week has been great!!

So Monday last week was a lot of fun because we go to go to a nearby shopping center! It's like San Tan mall, but smaller! It has a store called Scheels in it. I think that's how you spell that? I don't really know. It was a lot of fun. I got a cool shirt that has the words "Home Means" and then a picture of Nevada. It's super cool. Also got to eat some Chipotle so that was pretty sweet. I introduced my companion Elder Lyman to it.

Tuesday we were able to finally meet with a referral we got way back in the beginning of February. His name is Chance Henderson. He is 21 and a super cool guy. We got in, talked for a long time about us and him. Really got to know him very very well. He told us a lot of personal stuff. He is pretty religious and so we showed him the Easter Initiative and he LOVED it!! He even asked for some pass along cards so that he could share the video with his friends and family!! We talked a lot about the Church and about Missionaries. He had us stay so that we could meet his girlfriend Ashley! They are high school sweethearts lol. She is even more religious than him! We showed her the videos too and they both really loved it and want us to come back!! So we will be going back this week hopefully!

So the Easter Initiative is super duper cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE OF YOU NEEDS TO WATCH THOSE VIDEOS. LIKE AS SOON AS YOU READ THIS EMAIL. Please please do it. Just follow Him.

But the rest of the week was pretty good. I can't quite remember what happened because I have a new planner with me, so I can't go back to see what happened. But it was a very good week!!

On Saturday we got to go do Baptisms for the Dead with Devon Turner!!!! It was super cool!!! A very very neat experience! She really felt the meaning of it, and didn't want to leave after it was done. It was a super awesome experience and we were super glad we were able to do it before tomorrow. I felt very privileged because usually to go do baptisms you have to teach 3 of the lessons. I've only taught 2 of them, but President Chesnut made an exception to the rule. I am very very lucky. And very grateful for him letting me go with Elder Lyman to do that.

Okay this email is going to be kinda shorter than other ones, just because I am kinda sad and nervous for the next 6 weeks so I can't think straight right now.

But last night was our East Celebration!! It was super good!! A bunch of bible videos about Christ and his resurrection. It was incredible to be there! The stake center was packed! Tons of non members and lots of investigators!! It was a very good time there! Also, our wars Easter program was super good! A very powerful speaker. Former Bishop Wolz spoke. Very powerful man. He took a lot our of Jesus the Christ which is super cool!! Lots of stuff I recognized and lots of new stuff. Very very powerful talk. It seemed like everyone but me was in tears? Which is the strangest thing ever, because usually i cry at times like that. Maybe it's a missionary thing?


Last night was transfer calls also. We thought that we were pretty safe from being changed since I still need to finish my training. Guess we were wrong! 😭

Elder Lyman will be leaving tomorrow. We are both devastated. And so is our ward lol. I'm really sad that I'll have to say goodbye to him. He is a super good missionary! My new companion is Elder Laythem. he came out the same time as Elder Lyman. He has spent his first 6 months in Fallon. Or Fallabama as the missionaries call it. Elder Lyman is going to Reno YSA ward. So he's not even in the Zone anymore! Really bummed. But oh well.

Last night was really hard for us both. We both weren't expecting it. Elder Lyman only got like 2 hours of sleep. I slept fine. I was super nervous. Still am, but less. I really felt inadequate. I felt like there was no way that I would be able to lead this area. I haven't grasped the language very well (lol). I felt like this would hurt the area. So i prayed. I prayed a lot, We got the call at like 10;25 too. So not a lot of time to prepare. Oh my gosh the power of prayer is incredible. I prayed and prayed that I would accept it and be able to feel peace with this change. Boy did I pray. I don't know how it'll work. Me being trained, but teaching my new Companion about the area. But I KNOW that it will work. I know for a fact that this is meant to happen. That this is the Lords will. I know that it will be okay. I know that this area will continue to grow, and that I will continue to grow.

These next few weeks might be a little rough around the edges, but every day is a good day when you're a missionary. There aren't bad days. Just good days and better days. I trust the Lord. He will lead myself and my new companion to those whom we need to teach. It'll be okay. I know that for a fact. I have felt the atoning power of the Savior in helping me understand this. It doesn't just work with sins. It works with pains too. And sadness. And sorrow. It will be okay. Our area will blossom over these next few weeks.The ward mission plan is almost ready to be implemented full scale. Elder Lyman and Hawkes got this ball moving, now it's up to me and Elder Laythem to keep it going.

Through Christ all things are possible. I encourage each y'all to remember that this Easter season. Pray to know if He lives. I know He does. You may too. But pray to know it anyway. And "The Holy Ghost shall be shed forth bearing witness to all things". I know its true. In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen 


I hope y'all are doing great back home and abroad. Over Land or on sea. lol. 


I love all y'all and each y'all 
Elder Miner 

Elder Miner, Devon and Elder Lyman
Reno Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment