Monday, March 28, 2016

HEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOO

So right now it is freezing here. For whatever reason, Nevada is a dumb state and can't figure out what season its in. Like yesterday it was 70 degrees and sunny. Last night it snowed over a foot...... So now we are chillin in the snow. And someone upstairs thought it was a good idea to put the two elders from Texas and Arizona together who have NEVER driven in snow.  So this morning was a lot of fun lol. We woke up to a blizzard. I woke up my comp by yelling "what the...". To which he responded "no flipping way". I haven't seen this much snow since snow boarding last year, which is kinda cool because I'm wearing that same jacket right now lol.
So my new comp. He is pretty sweet. I really like the dude. He's from San Antonio Texas. He's been out for 6 months. He is like the complete opposite of Elder Lyman. But he a super good Elder. I can definitely see why I have two trainers. It sucks, because it forces me to become a much better missionary very fast, but it's great for the same reason.  He is a super funny guy and me and him laugh so flipping much. I love him lots. He knows what he is doing out here.
Monday and Tuesday kinda sucked last week, just because i had to help Elder Lyman pack up. But things really brightened up when I got a text from a dude named Isaac with my cousins mission call info. Shout out to my Cousin Michael Shaw for getting called to Indiana Indianapolis mission!!!!!! Speaking Es-pawn-y'all!! I'm pretty sure I'm the only missionary in like 5 years from my ward who wasn't called Spanish speaking???? I don't get it, but oh well.
This week was a super different week because I was the one in charge of it. It's really weird trying to go and see everyone, when you don't quite know everyone. But we figured it out. I'm only 8 weeks out and I'm running an area. Little strange. Elder Latham has the experience, but I have the knowledge and the relationships in the area. We have been working together very well to pool our resources together. This week has been so much growth. It has been brutal, but a successful week. This transfer happened because it needed to, in order to help me. Just over this past week I've grown so much as a missionary. And i know it wouldn't of happened without the Lord's intervention. The Lord really knows what we need. And he gives us that. Heavenly Father loves us enough to let us experience trials and hardships. Like it says in 2nd Nephi 2, there must needs be opposition in all things. We have to experience the bad, so that we can recognize the good.
Super Duper excited for General Conference next week!!!! I('m jealous of my old MTC district buddies who are in Salt Lake City East, because they get to go to conference live. Lucky them!!! 
Being a missionary is awesome. The badge we wear lets us talk to every single person. The calling we have lets us help others bear their crosses. We get to help people come closer unto Christ every single day. And what better time for that to happen than during the week leading up to Easter and on Easter Sunday. Going around and talking about Christ is the best thing ever!!!!!!!!!
 
Oh and we're pretty sure we saved someones life too this week. Like legitly saved her life. She would've most likely died if we didn't help her. So we were going around on our bikes and we saw this old lady laying on the grass and it looked like she was pulling weeds or something. So my comp asked her if she knew anyone that needed service and she said "me, can you help me get up?" So we go over to help her up and she has a bump on her head larger than an egg. Not even joking. You can ask my companion. She was taking anti coagulants so her blood was pooling in her forehead. So we get her inside her house and she says we must've been raised by good christian parents. Then she sees our name tags and says that she was raised RLDS. So that was a little different. We're gonna check on her this week to make sure she didn't die. Poor old lady. Her husband said he would take her to the ER.
I seriously love being a missionary. I love my companion. I love everything about the #NRM (Nevada Reno Mission). I love Christ, and I know he loves me. Our savior lives. He and our Father in heaven watch over us and protect us, and help us to grow. Everything down here happens for a a reason. And I love finding out what those reasons are. Go out and share the gospel.
Happy Easter Y'all!!!
I love all y'all and each y'all
Elder Miner 

View from our room
Tons on our car
View from a hill

No comments:

Post a Comment