Monday, March 7, 2016

wazzzzup

Hey y'all,

So i guess its been another week, which is the strangest thing because I feel like I just got here! It is the 6th week of the transfer!! So normal transfers last only 6 weeks, but this one is 7 weeks because of the MTC being a longer time now. It is really weird to think that I'm halfway through being trained right now. 

Elder Lyman is a boss!! He is the bomb! He is a such a good Elder! I love him lots! I feel so lucky that he is my companion!

Okay so I'm going to try and not write another super long email with me getting really fired up because that took me about 45 minutes to write. Mostly because i have no auto correct and my fingers aren't used to keyboard anymore lol.

So this week has been great to be a missionary!! I love my area, It is truly the best area in the entire mission. It is also one of the smallest too. Last Monday we had a zone activity and that was super really a lot of fun. We got to bond more and more as a zone and got to know each other pretty well. I feel like i am a part of this zone and that everyone is my friend. I am sad that it will probably change a lot after the transfer in two weeks. I really hope Elder Lyman doesn't get transferred away. I kinda still need him here to teach me how to be a Real Missionary.

The time really flies out here and I feel like every day is a week and every week is a day. I feel like I just entered the MTC. So on Wednesday we had four set appointments, which is a lot to have in one day. And guess what? They all got canceled. But that didn't matter. We just kept going on and pressing forward. I love being out here and being a missionary. Every day is a good day to be a missionary.

On Friday i got to go on exchanges with Elder Gamble in his area of Shadow Ranch! It's right next to ours, but twice the size and it's a biking area. So that was a lot of fun to be in a biking area this week! It was a really good day and i got to know him really well! He is a super good missionary! This is his first transfer in this area. His last area covered downtown Reno and boy does he have some crazy stories!

Yesterday we had a miracle happen! So our recent convert Devon got a new job that keeps her from church every other weekend. So her and her husband John (who is not a member) now go on alternating weeks. So we were really scared that John wouldn't come, but he did!!! Then we went to his house after Church and made some Chorizo.  It is a super good Mexican breakfast! We've had it a few times and it is delicious. I can give y'all the recipe if any of y'all want it. The ingredients are the picture I'm including with this email. But we showed John the Restoration video, because he wants to learn more about Joseph Smith and we are super excited for him!

All of y'all should go look up some scriptures: Mormon 5:22-24. Ether 4:12. Moroni 12:12-13. They are really super good scriptures!!

I know that the Lord Lives. I know that God is our father in heaven and that he loves us. I know that by going to church, reading our scriptures, and praying (CPR) we can learn all things whatsoever we should do. Jesus is the Christ and he is our savior. Read the Book of Mormon and it will be testified to you by the Holy Ghost

I hope y'all have a good week
I love each y'all and all y'all
Elder Miner
The ward was super nice to him for his birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment