Wednesday, August 24, 2016

7 Months---August 22nd

So this week was good! Some cool things happened! 

But we didn't get a lot of teaching done this week. It was an off week with the mines and such. But it's okay! We are doing our best out here and that is what matters! We have been getting to know the ward very well and and they are trusting us more and more! I love Spring Creek !!!!!!!!!!!

This week on monday we had a missionary cookoff! And we won with CHICKEN AND WAFFLES. We fried our own chicken! It was super good food! Really good! 

We spent a lot of time knocking on doors this week! We have zone conference this next week and I am super excited for that! 

Elder Bentti and I went on exchanges on friday! It was a blast! We biked down sage brush hills and found a praying mantis!
 And we also got to go to Lamolie canyon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHMYGOSH THERE ARE ACTUALLY TREES THERE. REAL TREES. So that was pretty sweet! I really liked that!!!!!! Elder Gailey and I have been doing a lot of walking in our area. We have been finding a lot of members and meeting them on accident haha. Which is super good for us! Because it shows them that we are trying 

We helped two people move this week too! One of them were the sister missionaries. So we now know where all the missionaries in Spring creek live? This week has been really good! 

At night here you can see soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can see the milky way out here!!!!!!!!!!!! And y'all know me, I love the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a psalm that talks about the stars. Psalms is the best book ever. Such good stuff in there! 

But psalm 19:1-3 says 
"The heavens declare the glory of God: and the firmament sheweth his handywork .
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard."

The stars in the sky are the evidence of God and what he has done for us. Everything around us are evidence too! I have a challenge for each of y'all that read this email. Go out at night. Go to a place where you can see the stars. And I don't mean your back yard. I mean out in the countryside. Where you can see more than the big dipper and Orion. Do that and look up into the stars. And just think about God. Think about what he has done for us and what he has done for you. Think about everything in your life that has come from him. We may not have much work right now up here, but I can spend a long time thanking God for what he's done for me. And I know each of you can too. So please go do that. For me. For God. For the savior.  And for yourself. It'll help. I promise! 

I love all y'all and each y'all! 


Elder Miner 
The end product--waffles and chicken
Cleaning up?!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment