Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I don't even know what week it is--August 29th

So this week we had some cool things happen! We had zone conference which is always an AWESOME experience! We saw a mantis eating another mantis. Which was super cool! We met with some awesome people out here! 


We have been contacting tons and tons of referrals! The people here are trying to help us out in any way they can. It is kinda working? The weeks and days are starting to blend together out here. I am forgetting who my companion was when certain things happen or I think of them. It's really weird! 


At zone conference we were talking all about how we have to go out and find the Pineapples! Because pineapples are rare in the desert. So we have to go out and find those who are prepared to receive the gospel! But sometimes people need to make contact with the church multiple times before they are ready. They call it the rule of 7. Maybe someone you see is a 1 or a 3. And we are to help them get a little higher. But the pineapples are the ones who are 7's or higher. 


We are out here trying to find them! I have faith that we will


This week I have had a very intense desire to read the book of mormon. I know what it means to feast upon the words of Christ. I saw and was hungered. I have been hungered all this week for the works of Christ. The book of Mormon is true! There is no doubt in my mind! Out here on the mission we have a designated time every day to read, And all of y'all back home should try to do the same. Have a time set apart for studying. It will make it so much easier to read when you have a time for it! Read it everyday and you will see the changes that happen in your life! I know what happens when people read it all the time. There is good things in store for each of you! 


I love all y'all and each y'all!

Elder Miner


This sign was at a members house-haha

Zone Conference

Zone conference

Elko Zone
NRM 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment