Monday, September 19, 2016

Happy Times in Spring Creek!

So this week was really cool! 

How's it going? Out here in Spring Creek it is great! We got to meet with some awesome people this week! We were able to meet with the Travino family, who are a part-member less active bunch. The mom and second oldest son are members. The father and oldest son are catholic's and the youngest daughter wants to be a member. And the mom has asked us to come and teach the missionary lessons to the family! And so we were able to teach the restoration this week! The catholic Dad was there for the lesson and it was super cool to be able to have him there. The family is really awesome and the ward council is ready to follow our lead with whatever we need our help. We had multiple people ask if they could come to our lessons with them, so that was really exciting! 

It has really been the best thing to be able to stay for the entire ward council! It has helped us get so much trust with the other members of the ward council because it has shown how much the Bishop trusts us. The ward absolutely loves and trusts us! And the Bishop really wants to help us and gives us lots to do! I really love working with this ward! I absolutely love being out here in Spring Creek!! 

So earlier this week it rained, and because my wonderful companion and I are from Arizion, we were freezing our butts off in 50 degree weather. We got flippin hailed on while we were biking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had a picture......But I didn't take my camera because i was afraid of ruining it... Which I definitely would've had I taken it. But the weather out here is crazy! The people are amazing! And I love the spirit that comes from serving the Lord! 



We found this awesome piece of wood in our church yesterday. I love what it says. It truly is how life works. In the Book of Mormon Captain Moroni takes the weakest places of the Nephite lands and makes them the strongest. He fortified the towns and gave them the most men. That is what the Lord does for us. He takes our worst weaknesses and makes them our best strengths. For example, I was not the best at talking to new people. I was not super shy, but I definitely was one to go out of my way to meet new people. As a missionary that is a weakness. And one that I still struggle with sometimes, but through the atonement I have gotten better. From new companions to new zone members to new  people on the street. I love new people and every single day we meet them. I promise each of you that if you work on your tests today, tomorrow they will be a testimony. That promise comes from God and his authorized servants on the earth  

Elder Gailey is really doing quite well! I trust him with taking over this area when I leave. He will do a great job on his mission! He knows what is important in this mission experience! And it is super duper awesome to have him as my companion! 
 

Well i love all y'all and each y'all!

Ps this week we made steak 


Chandler loves his new hat!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment