Monday, September 12, 2016

Transfers--September 5, 2016

So Elder Gailey and I are staying together this next transfer!! I am really excited to be able to finish his training!!!! 

This week we had some cool stuff happen! 

1 we have found a new investigator. Her name is Lanna. She is the 9 year old daughter of a less active and she asked us when she could be baptized, so that was kinda awesome! She draws out everything we teach her so that she can remember it all better! Which is kinda awesome. SO we are excited to be able to meet with her some more. The entire stake fasted for missionary work up here, so we know we will be seeing some miracles. 

2  Our ward mission leader pities us because we are from Arizona. To quote him "I would rather be back in Vietnam than around all that Jumping Cactus" So................................................ yeah....................

3 we took a wrong turn and ended up taking a 22 mile bike ride around the base of the mountain? We thought it was a short cut from one end of the area to the other, and we have made the executive decision that it is not a shortcut... SO YEAH. But it was super super pretty up there in the trees! 

4 We cooked some backstrap we found in our freezer from 2014. It ended up being the second best steak I have ever had! It was pretty dang flipping good. And I guess if any of y'all know anything about hunting, apparently the backstrap is the tenderest best part of an elk or deer? So that was really good! 

And something that I have been thinking about lately comes from a BYU devotional Elder Holland gave. It's called Unless You're a Mormon. So some of you BYU Provo folk who were there when he was the President of the university may have heard this before. But something that Elder Holland says in it really struck me. He was quoting someone but he didn't say who. He said "if you were accused of being a Mormon, would there be enough evidence to convict you in a court of law?"  This has really been impacting me lately because it really makes you think. I'm on a mission right now so maybe there is enough evidence for me? But what about all of y'all? Maybe some of y'all served missions, but since then have you stood "in holy places" to the extent that people know you are a member? Do your friends know where you stand? I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything. But I am trying to give some food for thought. Where do I stand before the proverbial court? Would I be convicted? or would I be acquitted? I hope and pray that I can live my life in a manner that I may always be guilty of that. And for those of you who aren't Lds, "if you were accused of being a [Christian], would there be enough evidence to convict you in a court of law?" More food for thought to you guys too! 

  I love all y'all and each y'all

Elder Miner 
#NRM (best mission in the world) 

No comments:

Post a Comment