Monday, November 21, 2016

10 Months!

So this week I hit 10 months. 10 months in the service of my Lord and Master. 10 months in the service of my God. 10 months focusing on the service of others. 10 months on what truly is important is this world. 10 months to say "not my will, but thine be done". 10 months to establish life-long habits. 10 months to build a foundation for my life. 10 months to be a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ at all times. I love my Master. I love him will everything that I am. 

Lots of things happened this week. Lots of fun crazy things. I got to see missionaries at zone conference. I got trainings upon trainings. I gave a training. I ate food. Lots of it. Shopped at walmart. SO many funny things have happened. And I would love to tell you those things later. But yesterday I felt like I needed to share something I heard during sacrament meeting 

A high councilman shared his talk about the 10 virgins. The parable that the Savior gave. About how there were 10 virgins and 5 were wise and 5 were foolish. We are like those Virgins. We are living in this world waiting for the bridegroom, or the Savior, to come. And he is tarrying. He is not here yet. The oil in our lamps is our testimony. When night came 5 of the virgins had their lamps go out and they had no more oil. The other 5 had extra oil. How much oil do we have? How much are we prepared. The long night of darkness is waning on, and the bridegroom is coming. But are we ready? do we have oil enough? I know I do. I think. But do you? How do we build up our supply of oil? Here in Ely the nights are very cold. And are getting longer and longer. But we stay warm the best we can. This night is long and cold. But dawn will come. We need to make sure we stay warm and lit up. That way when the Savior comes, he will know who his people are. He will reconigze us from who we are on the inside. So who are we?

This time of year is a great time to think of the Savior. It is a time to think about whats important. He is the light of the world. #LIGHTtheWORLD 

Love y'all!!!!!
Chandler's pedigree-- Elder Hawkes who trained Elder Lyman who trained
Chandler who trained Elder Gailey.

Chandler and Elder Lyman
DRHS represents-- Sister Paul, Chandler, and Elder Judd-- Go Jags!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment