Monday, December 19, 2016

I almost died

hello everyone! 

So I may have made a slight mistake this week by telling my parents about how I almost died this week by going off the road twice on the way to Elko......But the good news is that we felt the spirit while it was happening! 

So we were on our way to Elko right? We left at 6am and at about 7:30ish we encountered rain. And then we hit a wall of ice and snow!! It was cool at first! But me being a not intelligent Arizona driver, I didn't think to slow down from 70 miles per hour. Then we started to fish tail and so i stopped accelerating and then i started to over correct one way. Then the other way. Then next thing we knew, we were facing the wrong way off the opposite side of the highway! Narrowly missing a guard rail by about 2 inches. God really does look out for us out here and makes sure we are okay. We felt totally calm as it was all happening and it went as well as it could've. Elder Gamble offered to drive, and I said "once it happens again". So about a mile later it starts happening again. This time my canadian companion talks me through what to do, and since there was oncoming traffic, I gently took it off the side of the road. After that Elder Gamble drove. And there were no more incidents! SO it was good!! God really does watch over us. And then at zone conference in Elko I had been assigned a talk on Peace in this Life. So i was impressed to share that experience and it really illustrated the point well. That the savior can bring peace even when your care is falling off the road. I love the Savior!!!!

At zone conference we heard two very exciting bits of news!!!

The first one: on January 14 and Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ will be coming to our mission with two 70's! We don't know who yet, but we are so very excited for it!!! The ENTIRE mission will be gathered into Reno!!! That means a 5 and a half hour drive for us in Ely!

The second but of news: There will be another worldwide missionary broadcast on January 25! 

January is a busy month because that is also when i hit my year mark!

January is just a really good month!!!!

Well now that I've scared everyone, I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Merry Christmas!!!!!! I love all y'all and each y'all!!!

Do good things!!!!!!!

The savior looks out for that. I am a living witness of that. By the fact that I am still alive I mean. The church is true. The gospel is truer! And the Book of Mormon is the word of God! I give my name unto the world as a witness of that. And may God bear record of that. I lie not


Love y'all

Elder Miner! 


This is how close Elder Miner came to going off the road.

Just inches

No comments:

Post a Comment