Monday, January 16, 2017

Good Week

So this week has been super good! On saturday we got to drive up to Reno in a very small car. I did not drive. I was not happy about that because the Elders that did drive are not good drivers. We hit the sleeper rails about every 2 minutes or so. But that's okay. We made it  alive!! we had an extra hour of time and the other elders wanted to go hang out with some missionaries who are not the most obedient, but after some impressions about what we should be doing, we made it to where we were supposed to be with our zone. 

Then we had an amazing experience with Elder Christofferson. 
I really really loved being with Elder Christofferson on saturday. I had some questions answered that have been very near and dear to my heart. I got revelation that I needed. It was a very uplifting experience for me. We got to be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. Then after that we drove right back home! We got home about 12:30 that night. It was a very long long car ride! And I didn't drive any of it. Which made me very uncomfortable. If i'm going to die in a car, I want it to be my fault haha. 

Yesterday a miracle happened!! A man, Mickey Romero, who is married to his active wife, with two active kids in their teens, has softened his heart and is ready to hear from us. He broke down after the second hour and told everyone that he was ready! He is ready to make steps in his life to unite with the Church of our Savior. This has been something that people have been fasting and praying for, for many many years. He has had a valiant home teacher since 1999 who has visited him consistently. His wife has had the stake president's wife as her visiting teaching companion for 12 years. Diligence in our service and duties really pays off!! Miracles happen!!!!  Home teaching and visiting teaching are so critically important! He is already more active than most members. So we will be meeting with him this week, and we plan on setting him with a date. We are super excited for this!!!!!

The Rowleys are on date for march 4. And for the kids in Lund, Jake and Faith, we will find out more on wednesday. They canceled our appointment last week. So we will see what happens! I am super excited for what miracles we will see this week in our area!!! 
The work is progressing!! When I got here we only had 5 families on our board of people that we work with. Now we have 24! THe work is moving along and Elder Rivers and I are just trying to hold on so that we don't miss it. We are seeing everything go well! The Lord has humbled us and we are trying to be better. We've had some people drop us and that has not been fun, but the Lord has given us people who are more prepared. We are hoping to see more miracles and we are praying for them! I love this work, and the stone cut out of the mountains really goes on without us. So we will hold on for dear life! 

I love all y'all and each y'all! 
Elder Miner  
The whole mission with Elder Christofferson

Zone P-day

Jenga in the apartment

View from Austin Summit

Ely Zone

Elders in his apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment