Monday, January 30, 2017

Zone Conference and Interviews

Hello everyone!! 

This week was super great! 

P-day was longer, which was weird! But we liked it! 

Tuesday I got to train on how to learn by the spirit! I think the district meeting trainings are more for me than others. I learn so much as I try to prepare for them. Those are some of my best studies that I have!! 

Wednesday was the missionary broadcast. I loved the missionary broadcast that we had this week! It was all about teaching repentance and baptizing converts. All about how the different principles of the gospel all work together. Something that I really liked in it was that they said that a testimony is not just what we say, but it is who we are. It reminds me of what a member said down in Lund. Sometimes we are the only scripture that others ever read, so what are our scriptures saying about us? It just reminds me that people are watching not only what we say, but who we are. We have to be so good, because when we falter, others do too. I do not want to be the reason someone falters. So we had some super good things come out of that! I really liked it a ton! 

Fridays Zone conference was great too! The drive to Elko didn't kill us, nor did anyone go off the road, so that was great! I think I'm a really bad driver? I don't know? I think I was going waayy to fast in the fog. So it was probably through God that we didn't die. I had to watch for the Elders behind me or else I would've gone waaayy too fast. They were what kept us going good. I loved the trainings and the different things we were able to learn! All about the ways we study and plan and prepare! It was super good and really enjoyable. Then Costa Vida after is always great!!!!!

So we had about half of our lessons fall though this week. But we saw sooooo many miracles!!! On Saturday we found out that our investigator, Brother Romero, knows that everything is true. He knows it to the extent that he told his devout Catholic Mother about it! He is wholly committed to being baptized on February 18! That was huge!! This week we are teaching the law of tithing, fasting, word of wisdom, and the law of chastity. We aren't seeing an issue with any of them! He has a good wife who has kept him clean. We had a different investigator that same day who told us that he knows that Joseph Smith had divine help with the Book of Mormon. He said he is a rock, but that he is getting softer. He will come. It's only a matter of time! The work truly goes on. My companion and I are just here to help. It is only by divine providence that we are here at this time. It could easily be any other missionaries. But God in his infinite mercy and wisdom has given us the opportunity to experience this. These will be days that are not to be forgotten! 

On Sunday we had an amazing sacrament meeting! The Bishops son gave his homecoming! And President and Sister Chesnut were there! Everything that RM said was what our President has said. And he kept smiling at us the whole time! It was great to be able to be with the Chesnuts. They are the best!!! We then had interviews! My interviews have been strange lately. The focus is not on me anymore. The first question I got was "hows Elder Rivers doing". Then I got a bunch about the other members of the district. The focus is on the people we care for. And it should always be like that. I like it! So my focus should always be others. For the rest of my life. I will have to focus on my callings. On my children. On my family. Siblings. Friends. making sure that I am who I need to be, so that I can help them when they need it. 

I had a cool insight in the shower today! It was that p-day is on Monday, so that we can have as much time to prepare for the Sabbath as possible. On p-day we are distracted and not sure what we are doing. But we have so much time to prepare to be enlightened! 

I love all y'all and each y'all!!

Elder Miner 


Just a little snow storm

I can't believe he drives in this

An icicle after the storm
Pretty

Elder Lyman
Ely Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment