Monday, May 8, 2017

****

So this week was very good though!!! I loved it ton!!!!! We found two new investigators this week!! George and Cindy. They are very nice people! Cindy was super cool because we were trying to find her less-active brother. We got in the door and sat down with both of them. Her brother, Robert, asked some question about the 3 kingdoms and asked why other churches didn't have that. So we talked about why our church is so important and why Joseph Smith is important. Cindy asked us about Joseph smith and she said that she wasn't a member. So just to make sure we asked her about her baptism and his baptism. She said she got sprinkled with water and that she didn't think it counted because Jesus wasn't baptized that way. So we straight up said "yeah no that doesn't count" Then we asked "do you want to be baptized?" Then she asked what all entailed in it. So we explained the baptismal covenant and she got excited. Then we explained why our baptism counted by teaching the message of the restoration. She agreed with it all!! She thought the idea of a living prophet made sense and was necessary. The priesthood made sense to her as well. Then at the end she said "well that is neat but how do we know it is true?" So we pulled out a Book of Mormon and had her read Moroni's promise and told her she could know. She seemed super excited about it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A very nice lady!

So Elder Ruiz and Elder McGee are in my district. Those two elders are some of my favorite all time elders. They are just very good friends and very good missionaries. They think they don't have much going on in their area, but they really do! They have a lot going on! I absolutely love both of those guys. If I could serve around them the rest of my mission, I would be a happy happy Elder. I love this zone! Elder Harmon and Elder Ramirez are just great!!!!! Fallon is a great place here and there are such nice people! Also probably the craziest people in the mission!! Like if you were to add up all the crazy people I have met on my mission, Fallon would have more! And I have served in some pretty odd places! But Fallon takes the cake!! 

But I loved going to MLC this week with all the other district leaders and zone leaders. It was very eye opening and a inspirational experience. It gave me the motivation to be more exact with my obedience! Which I really needed! I love this work and this gospel! I love my Lord and My God. I have been watching the bible videos a lot lately, and my favorite one is when the Savior heals the man born blind. I love his reaction at the end when he falls at the Savior once he understands who he is. I wish to be like that man. Slowly I am begining to see the light. And I will One day Understand it all. But until then I will keep striving!! 


I love all y'all and each y'all
Elder Miner 

No comments:

Post a Comment