Monday, October 30, 2017

Reno YSA

So I will be transferred to the Reno YSA ward. I will be serving with Elder Weglin. 
I saw another Elder do this, and I thought it was cool so I'll do it too

Mission Breakdown:
4.5 months in D'Andrea ward in Sparks
4.5 months in Spring Creek 3rd ward
4.5 months in Ely 2nd and Lund wards
4.5 months in Fallon 3rd and 4th ward
4.5 months in Cold Springs and Silver Lake wards in Reno North
this leaves about 3 months for the Reno YSA ward

As my time here in Cold Springs and Silver lake draws to a close, I feel sad and excited. I am so excited to serve in the Reno YSA ward. But I love the people here. I will come back. I will see the people that live here. I love this place. I have a lot of memories that I will cherish that come from this place, and this time with my companions. I have had 3 companions here! That will be a lot of conversations to remember. I am so grateful that the Lord sent me here. I truly have enjoyed this time, and I've felt that I have grown since coming here. I am not the Elder who left Fallon. I left Fallon tired, slightly defeated, and unsure of what to expect. Now as I leave Reno North for Reno, I feel confident, excited, successful, happier, and with a better understanding of who I am and what I have been called to do. I will take those tools that I have sharpened in the north and bring them to the south ready to go! I'm also excited because down in central Reno it's about 10 degrees warmer! 

I really have loved Elder Coronado. He is someone that will be a friend for life. We had pretty good unity from the moment that we were put together. Our unity in lessons and during street contacts is very good. Elder Autrey brought something special to this mix too. The three of us saw miracles daily. I will miss them a lot. But I am so excited to be with Elder Weglin now! This is kinda weird because we know each other already. When we were at the mission office last night to look at transfers we had joked around before we went inside that I would be his companion. And then we went in, looked at the paper, and there we go! New companion right there and everything! I am so excited for what this next transfer will bring! I am excited for this final area It will be a good one. I am ready to work and hit the ground running. My zone has a lot of people that I have served around before. I am super pumped to see them again!

I've got to say too, we LOVE biking! We have seen miracle after miracle doing it! We went up to Cold Springs this week and biked around for maybe a total of 5 hours? We filled out 2 pages of potentials!!! And they are solid potentials too! We set up return appointments and gave out Books of Mormon! Biking Brings Miracles. I will forever have a testimony of that. I am curious to see how much biking we can do serving in a YSA ward... 

Going to the temple this week too was AWESOME! I love the temple and the spirit it brings! It was good to sit there in that session. I felt as though the eyes of my understanding were opened. I saw the significance of the temple in a new light. I think I am beginning to understand why the general authority's say to go often! 

Well, I love all y'all and each y'all!
Elder Miner




No comments:

Post a Comment