Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference!!!

Man, this week was super good!!!!!!!!!

Lots of good stuff and I can't even remember any of it because of how good conference was!!!!! Like amazing!!!!!!!!!!

Okay before I dive into how conference was, I'll tell you about my week.

Elder Latham is a super good Elder! Really different than Elder Lyman, but good!! We've had a lot of good things happen to us. We work together pretty well too! Being out here on a mission is the best! So many amazing things happen!!

So we found a new investigator this week. He was a referral from the stake president. He wanted to quit smoking, so we taught him the churches 15 step quit smoking program! Didn't even know one existed! But he is doing well! He hasn't smoked since last Thursday morning! We taught him the restoration too!!! Super good lesson! He agreed with pretty much everything we said about everything! Except that church is on Sunday. He thinks it's supposed to be on Saturday. I guess his brother is 7th day Adventist? We found a couple families this week that were interested in having us come back and teach them! So those should be good!

So knocking on doors does not work. Really at all. It isn't effective. The only form that we've seen work is blessing contacts. We offer to bless there house in the form of a prayer by the power of the Priesthood. That one is actually pretty effective. About 1/3 of people that answer want it. And about a third of them say to come back. We don't just pick a street to go down though, we just will stop at houses we are impressed to stop at! And that is how we've found 2 potential families! Elder Latham has taught me this.


So we have spent 5 hours this week pulling weeks for this lady we found. We asked if they needed any service and they told us to pick their weeds. Man. They have so many weeds!!!!!! I'll send a picture next week of the yard. Every square inch is covered in weeds that have roots that go down for half a foot! This week we are gonna involve the young men!

So conference was pretty freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I loved every single second of it!! It was tooooooo short. I wish it was longer. But dang it was a good 10 hours! So my two favorite talks were President Uchtdorfs from the Sunday morning session and Elder Hollands. I wrote down so many quotes this conference. I took 12 pages of notes!!!! From President Uchtdorfs talk I wrote down Man has the ability to create something new from ashes. If man can do that, how much can our Heavenly Father do? There's wayyy to much that I loved from Conference to talk about it all! I loved the Priesthood session!! It amazing!!! President Owen's talk was super good!! So were the First presidency talks!!! Elder Gongs talk on sunday was good! Elder Kearons was super good!!! Elder Hallstrom from saturday. Elder Duncan. Elder Bendar. President Monson's! Elder Oaks! And Elder Hollands. I was super scared when Elder Holland started! "Do you have any idea........How much we love you. That man. He is amazing. The best way to finish off conference for sure!!

Everything those men and women said these past two days is true Without a doubt in my heart I KNOW their words are true. They are our leaders for a reason. They speak to us. They speak by the power of the Hold Ghost. They are our captains. They go on before us. They know what we need to hear. I know their words are true.

My two favorite lines from conference are from Elder Holland
"you can have what you want, or you can have something better"
And my favorite "the First Great Truth of Eternity is that God Loves us with all His Heart, Might, Might and Strength."

Friends and Family, we get credit for trying. We get credit for trying to be the very best we can be. Our Father in Heaven loves us, and He will help us. He won't drag us to Heaven, but He will give us all the chances we can get to get there. I Know that is true, In the name of our savior, Jesus Christ, Amen

I love all y'all and each y'all
Elder Miner

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Elder Miner. I loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. Most excellent.

    ReplyDelete