Monday, April 18, 2016

This Week---April 11, 2016

So this week was full of ups and downs. Goods and bads. So it was a good week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Latham and I had our first 0 lesson day on Monday. That was frustrating. But it's okay. We still had a successful day! We did everything we could, we did our best, so we were successful missionaries.

On Tuesday we Taught a training at zone training about the Commitment cycle. We Invite, they commit, we follow up, It was a super good training and we had a ton of fun doing it! Our mission has a practical applicat6ion guide. It is pretty much an explanation for everything in preach my gospel as it applies to this mission. We call it the pag. It is truly inspired, so we taught out of that! It was a very effective training!

This past week was slower than weeks past, but it was still a good week! We set two people with baptismal dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT. It was a great way to end the week! We have a lot of good people we are working with and boy are they ready for the gospel! It's a privilege to be here in this area with this companion and in this mission. The people here are just so very very great!

So I just got about 50 talks from general authorities so that is super awesome!!! 

I'm still abuzz about general conference! And I have a commitment for y'all. Read/study one conference talk a week until general conference. It'll make a difference in how you see conference!!!!! I promise that as a representative of Jesus Christ.

I had a couple surreal experiences this week. One was with a recent convert named Molly. She is such a stud and there actually isn't anything we can do to help her him. But she has a tough life. Her whole family is super duper active catholic and she is only 18 and her family hates that she joined the church and they are disappointed in her. She was kinda venting to us about her frustrations with her family this past week and as we were sitting outside in some chairs I stared out into valley and saw the whole city at night and thought to myself, how am I here? How is she telling us all this personal stuff? How does she trust us enough to tell us this? Then I thought about how one of us could be gone in 3 weeks. And then she would tell the new guy the same stuff. Then an ensign article popped in my head about missionaries. In my head the line "wearing the name tag gives you the right to have personal spiritual experiences with complete strangers" went through my head over and over. I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have been called to that and ordained to that. That revelation to me that I can have those experiences really blew my mind.

Anyway, my comp wants to leave, so I guess I can't share my other experience. But I love all y'all and each y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this is so short! Next week will be longer I promise! I hope y'all have a great week!

Love Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment