Monday, April 18, 2016

This week!

Howdy Y'all,

SOOOOOOO This past week was great! Started off with some jack in the box last Monday and a trip to Ross where I got a bunch of new ties! That's one of the pictures below. The second picture I will explain in time haha. We spent some time setting up one of our investigators Connor Olsen's baptism. It is on the 30 of April and it should hopefully happen! He is 9 and will be getting baptized with his 8 year old brother Colton. So that will be pretty cool! 


We had a very good week this week! We saw many many many miracles, not that we don't see them every week. But they were just amazingly evident this week. 


So on Tuesday we had our district meeting which was pretty cool! We didn't get any lessons on Tuesday, but we did fix my bike so that was good! 


Okay so I am going to talk about my bike now. I think I probably have the worst luck with bikes in the existence of missionaries. I have had so many different issues with it and so many problems because of it. From popped tubes to bent wheels and locked brakes. We spent TWO HOURS fixing my breaks on Tuesday. Man do we know how the brakes work. We are experts now! But then two days later I wiped out on my bike and messed up the gear train, locked my breaks and tilted my axle. This sounds awful doesn't it? Well an amazing miracle came out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this lady drove by right as a wiped out. Then she felt prompted to turn around so she did and offered us help, and for once we actually accepted the help. Turns out she is a 21 year old less active who has been wanting to get back into the church but hasn't figured out how to. Even more is that she lives in our area and we had no idea. God has a plan for each of us, and for some reason that meant that I needed to fall at that exact moment in order for us to meet her. Her name is Lakin Helwig. She wants to start meeting with us and she kinda refereed herself to us? That was a super cool miracle just because the Lord Literally put someone in our path. But now my bike is kinda a little messed up. I still ride fine, but I need to adjust my breaks again because right now I only have front breaks, which is really really really bad when you live on a giant hill like we do lol. But now Elder Latham and I are experts in every   single    aspect   of our bikes. 


I had two exchanges this week. One with Elder Gamble and the other with Elder Woolsey. I've had two now where I got to drive!!!!!! Man it's great driving after so many months of not being the one behind the wheel. Withe Elder Gamble we were in my area and we saw a lot of success! That was on Wednesday! We had a super duper amazing day. Lots of super good lessons! With Elder Woolsey we were in sun valley. Oh man. I am convinced that Jesus will go there first, then to Jerusalem when he comes with fire in his glory. Sun Valley is a very............Interesting.........place. With Elder Gamble I was super comfortable and we worked very well together. With Elder Woolsey I learned a lot about being a good missionary! He is a fantastic Elder. He said a lot of things that I needed to hear in our exchange review. He is an inspired Elder. 


Oh and the goat was someone we met in Sun Valley. He tried to ram us a few time, so we took some pictures lol. 


We found 5 new investigators this week! Two of them we set with baptismal dates! Wyat and Destinie Williams. Then also Paul and Nicole. And Rhonda! So it was a pretty good week! We found 3 of them on Saturday and  Elder Latham and Johnson found 2 on exchanges on Friday. Man this week was just so good! 


The work in this area is really progressing! I love being here in D'andrea ward! Lots of stuff is happening. I don't remember if I said it in the last email, but they split the two neighboring stakes into a third one this past week. And they will be splitting the Sparks stake in half in June. So the wards will change. Don't tell anyone from Nevada because it's all hush hush right now. We only know because we're missionaries. President Chesnut warned us about it, because our areas follow ward boundaries, so if wards change, so do our areas! 


So I got all the bible videos on DVD this past week so we've been watching a ton of them! THey are all super good and y'all should go and watch them! They area super inspirational and the best way to better understand the 4 Gospels for sure. They are super duper good! They are really inspiring and were made by inspired men! 


This is my 11 week in the field, and the 3 month mark of me being set apart as a missionary. Wednesday will be 3 months since I enter the MTC. I am almost done being trained. Time here really flies by fast. IT doesn't feel like 3 months! Not even close! I love being a missionary and I know without a doubt in my mind that this is where I am supposed to be. Here in the best mission in the world, and in the best area in the world. Being a missionary is the best thing ever and I don't want it to ever end. 


I know that out here I am doing the Lords work. I am following his example and the example of the 12 original apostles and the example of millions of other missionaries from around the world including my parents and my family and friends. The Lord does not ask us to do things, except that He provides a way. Out here sometimes there are better days than others, but It is always a good day because the Lord is with us. As we hearken unto the words of the prophets we can see the Lord in our lives more and more. In His name Jesus Christ Amen. 


I love all y'all and each y'all 


Elder Miner 



Goat that tried to ram us.
Ties I bought at Ross.

No comments:

Post a Comment