Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year

This week was a little strange for us. Because of the holidays, there are not many YSA's at home... But we've been doing our best to stay busy and stay effective. It has been a little difficult for us to do that. Also the stress of the holiday's seem to be getting to our investigators. A couple of them had strange issues this week... But, we set up a TON of lessons for next week! We are SUPER pumped for that!!! 

We picked up a new investigator this week from the Sister missionaries His name is Louis. He is from China! So we are looking to see a repeat of Ming from the district 2. He doesn't have a huge background with Christianity. But he is willing to keep learning. He is a mechanical engineering grad, so he thinks pretty logically. We are super pumped to help him come close to the Savior and also to find out who the Savior is. Also his English is pretty funny. He is a cool guy. He loves church and enjoys the activities that the YSA ward does. 

With everyone that we've been teaching who've left out of town, we've managed to stay in touch with them. We aren't gonna let them escape!!! 

I was able to go on an exchange into the Rama Sierra this week with Elder Whetton! It was a fun exchange! I was able to do a little YSA work while there for the Spanish speakers I am super glad that will be my only exchange into a Spanish area though, it was SUPER strange to not understand what was happening! He is a good missionary, and I would consider him a very very close friend. 

Last week I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Judd and Elder Sorochan. Both of those were into my area, and we had a ton of fun! Elder Judd and I got to talk a lot about Fallon and Arizona. Still super strange to be around him. Turns out, him and I are VERY similar people. I am super excited to have him with me later on in life. Elder Sorochan and I got to enjoy our time together and get to know each other a lot better. Both are also good missionaries and good friends. I love being able to do these exchanges because I get to make so many close friends. You get to see another missionaries perspective for the day! It's super sweet! 

Christmas was also GREAT!!!!! I love Christmas as a missionary! We played a LOT of Catan and watched Moana.(A WAY good movie) It was a good day to be able to spend with Members and Missionaries! 


It was a good week. Strange, but GOOD!

I love all y'all and each y'all!
Elder Miner 

No comments:

Post a Comment