Monday, July 4, 2016

Big Week---June 13th, 2016

So this week was crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a couple of friends who got mission calls. Got to go to the temple! Got to do some exchanges. Got to meet an apostle. Had my ward dissolved. Saw a Filipino miracle. Get to go east side for my next transfer!! 

Man to start of holy heck totally met an apostle. Elder Stevenson!!!!!!!!! Pretty flippin awesome! Super amazing man!! He really hit home as an apostle. He definitely is one!! He is a pretty cool guy. Rocks some hipster glasses! He said an amazing quote about sacrifices. That is what he talked about. Sacrifices that we all have to make! He said something really good, but I forgot the quote in my old planner....


Man the temple this week was amazing too! Always super good to see that! But I won't be seeing that for a while, because I've been transferred to SPRING CREEK 3RD WARD. East side! Now I get a 4 hour drive to the east! yippee. And president freaked me out too. He called us on Saturday to tell us that our ward was going to be dissolved and he told me i was getting transferred and that i needed to step up and learn the area very fast and well, because my next comp goes home next transfer. Then he said the same warning a couple more times on Saturday and Sunday as we met at stake conference. And he hinted that i might be getting leadership soon? Really really freaked me out. But I am soooooooooooooo excited! My new comp is Elder Sheerer! 

Man I am so excited! Our ward got imploded though. D'Andrea was split into 4 different wards. Pretty bummed about that! But oh well I guess. Thats what happens.

I'm kinda sad to be leaving west side, because there are missionaries I will never see again. But it has been a good run!! I'm sure I'll be back! 

So our Filipino miracle is this. All of the speakers Saturday night talked about the Philippians in some way. All of them. There was even a Filipino sister missionary who got called up to speak! That was truly inspired. There's no way in the world it wasn't. because we had a Filipino investigator there that night. She cried the entire time. She told us afterwords that we needed to stop pulling their weeds, because that is how we got in, and to start teaching the book, meaning the book of Mormon. Such a miracle
I love being a missionary. I love being out here and doing the work. This is the work of the Lord. I have met an Apostle of Jesus Christ and can testify of his calling and his position. I know Christ Lives. His hand is in our lives our here and at 
home.
Chandler and Elder Latham and the Bishop of their ward.



No comments:

Post a Comment