Monday, July 4, 2016

This Week-- June 27, 2016

Howdy y'all!
This week was very interesting. We didn't find as much success as we normally do. Things are run a little differently out here. And most of the ward was out of town because trek was this week. In Nevada its actually possible to do trek in the summer haha.
 
But on a more somber note, the first counselor in the Bishopric died this week. He was hit by a car up in Elko. Everyone has been really sad this week and not sure what to do. Its really too bad. Church was pretty sad yesterday. Poor bishop could barely speak. He had to have the stake president conduct for him because he couldn't make it through it. It was super sad.
 
Tonight is a memorial service for him that we are going to. But he is up there somewhere doing the work of the Lord. So it is okay!
 
Spring Creek is a lot of fun! There's not a lot to do out here? Mostly just sage brush. Everyone here has many many many many many many guns. Like a lot of guns. Like hot dang lots of guns.
 
Elder Shearer and I are really unified. I feel like a normal person around him and that I can be myself around him. We work really well together in lessons and street contacts! I love him lots and we are doing good out here. Trying to find new people is kinda tough, but that's missionary work. The people are out there, and we are getting closer to finding them!
 
I went on exchanges this week. Another Elder came to our area with me. I feel very very comfortable in this area. Even though I got here a week and a half ago. I know what I am doing out here and Elder Shearer and I are equal partners out here in this area. We are working together in unity to discover together what the best route for this area is.  
So this keyboard i am typing on is really weird and sometimes keys don't work, so this'll be short.  
But no matter what happens out here, I know that Christ Lives. I know that through Him I can be raised up as a might tool in his hand. I am a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ. I know it. I live it. I LOVE it.
 
The savior is the way to eternal life. There is no other name given, nor way.
 
Read Abinadi's address to the people in Mosiah, It has lots of good knowledge in there.
I love all of y'all!
Love Elder Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment