Monday, July 4, 2016

THIS WEEK--MAY 23RD

So this week was super cool! We had Zone Conference, Zone training and other stuff. It was seriously a cool week! 

We had to give a training at zone training. So I'm starting to get good at those! It went super good! Everything we have learned this past week has all been about 1 thing. PLANNING

Like they are pushing planning so very very much! We now use the weekly planning steps while daily planning. Kinda crazy. But it has been super good! Our planning has definitely gotten more productive. But along with that came a new directive from church headquarters. We are not supposed to pray with people on the streets anymore. So no more street contact lessons. It's weird having that happen. So our stats this week were awful because of it. But stats don't matter. They really don't. The church doesn't look at anything except baptism stats. So yeah. At least thats what the director of Proceyting said. He's kinda in charge of a lot of stuff. 

So our planning takes a lot longer.

In preparation for the stake/ward split we have been talking to our ward council for people to go visit. So yesterday we got 23 referrals! So now we have TONS of people we can go try. Things are going really good out here. We were told not to push people anymore to do things they clearly do not want to do (like pray on the street) and we have seen many miracles because of it. Like multiple people ask us when church is. Without us even bringing it up! So pretty cool! I really like it out here. The Nevada Reno Mission is by far the BEST mission in the world! 

It's so strange how time flies out here! It has already been 4 months since I entered the MTC! And it has already been a flippin year since we graduated! Like what the heck??? Where has the time gone??????????? I really don't get how much time flies. 

But zone conference was super good! It was all about using planning more effectively and using the book of Mormon more! It's always nice to see President and his wife. They are super nice and really cool people! He had me give the spiritual thought on our monthly recitation. And it was on obedience too. So either he trusts that I'm obedient, orrrrr he thinks I need more? I think it's the first one. I really love the people out here. It was a ton of peoples last zone conference. That was super weird. And that even includes one of the AP's too. So lots of people are going home the next two transfers. The July and June transfers are always big.

So lots of new people will be coming in! 

Being out on the mission really changes your perspective for everything! The mission is the MTC for the rest of our life! And so far it really seems like it. Unexpectedly I have learned a lot about families and about marriages while out here. Weird how that works. 

Like I said at zone conference in my testimony, I know that I am here for a reason. I know that i am in this area for a reason. I know I have my companion for a reason. This mission experience is for our benefit. It takes a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds and turns them into servants of the Lord. It is the refiners fire. it makes us into the people we need to be for the rest of our lives. When you see missionaries in a lesson they are the most amazing people ever. And that is who we are becoming each and every day.

Love Elder Miner 

No comments:

Post a Comment