Tuesday, July 26, 2016

TRAINING--- July 25, 2016


So transfers are on Wednesday!! I get to train a new missionary this transfer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

But on the downside, my companion is going home.......

So that kinda stinks...

But this week has been good!! Lots of changes are happening this week. Lots of people getting moved around! But change is always good!! Good things come from change. Staying the same isn't good. 

This past week I've been a little sick. I was down most of yesterday and Saturday. Really not feeling the best, but I got some meds from my former Bishop last night, so I'm all good! 

Speaking of which, we got a new bishop yesterday!! Totally called it too haha. Super awesome guy. Bishop Hatch. The old bishop is now the second counselor in the stake presidency! The ward here is super great! Really really really nice people. I'm slowly learning the members.

We had a majorish thing happen this week. We spent about 8 hours working on a fence!! I'm getting really really really good at building fences haha. So if any of y'all need my help in 18 months, I can do it! It was a really good experience! He is actually the non member neighbor of our new bishop. He really liked us and we talked like normal people. His nephew was helping us too and he said something that really struck me. We were pulling some fencing over and he said "if you guys hadn't told me you were Mormon, I never would have guessed. You guys are so normal and cool." It blew my mind. He thought Mormons were weird and stuck up and "quoted scripture all the time" It was a really good experience and chance to show this family that we actually are normal people. We had the privilege to change their entire perspective on members of the church. That doesn't happen very often. 

So all you people back home, show people that we are normal. And that we don't quote scriptures all day long. We are people too. Sometimes they don't know that. But that's part of the reason why their are missionaries I guess. We all have our purposes!

I love all y'all and each y'all 

Elder Miner
Elder Shearer's last meal before heading home.
The Elder's enjoying the Pioneer Day celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment